WHAT IS gated EXAM?
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all-India examination administered and conducted in eight zones across the country by the GATE Committee comprising Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and seven Indian Institutes of Technology on behalf of the National Coordinating Board – GATE, Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resources’ Development (MHRD), Government of India.
MAIN Aim OF GATE EXAM??
- It is an exam held at national level., and motivate the candidates willing to take admission for post graduations in TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING, ARCHITECTURE, SCIENCE AND PHARMACY.
- It also serves as a mandatory qualification for the MHRD scholarship/assistantship.
- And benchmark of normalization of the Undergraduate Engineering Education in the country.
BASIC FEATURES OF GATE 2016
- A new paper Petroleum Engineering (PE) is introduced in Gate entrance exam 2016. With this, the total number of papers is 23.
- Examinations for all the 23 papers will be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT). The online examination paper will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate using the virtual keypad. Rest of the questions shall be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type.
- GATE 2016 examinations will be held during forenoon and afternoon sessions on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) between 30th January 2016 and 7th February 2016. Examination for some of the papers in GATE 2016 will be held in multiple sessions. Exact details regarding complete examination schedule will be notified at a later date.
- For GATE 2016 the entire process of filling up of application form, uploading of certificates/documents etc., will be online and the candidates should not send any hard copy of their application form/documents etc., to IISc or any of the IIT’s zonal GATE office.
- The payment of application fees would be through electronic mode online as well as through payment at bank counters using e-challan.
- The admit cards for GATE 2016 would be available through the online process only. Candidates can Biometric information (Photograph and Fingerprints) for randomly selected candidates may be captured before the start of the examination.
- download their admit card from http://www.gate.iisc.ernet.in/. No printed copy of admit cards will be posted to the candidates.
- An online Virtual Calculator will be available to examinees at the time of examination. No physical calculator will be allowed. The online virtual calculator will be put on GATE 2016 website for practice before the examination.
- After Completion of GATE 2016 examination, all answer keys will be made available for dispute within a short time. Every answer key can be challenged. A nominal fee will be levied to prevent frivolous challenges.
STUDY MATERIAL TO GET BEST SCORE IN GATE EXAM
The study material in Each stream covers Entire GATE syllabus. Either in form of as Books which has study material (including tabulated datas, drawings, images, explanatory notes, Tips & tricks) question banks, Test series, Online mock tests.
HOW TO GET STUDY MATERIAL?
within 48 hours from the receival of your fee payment & Online Registration ( Other documents i.e. scanned image of candidate photograph & ID Proof to be sent at our E-mail.
within 03 days from the receival of your fee payment & Hard Copy Registration (OFFLINE REGISTRATION). This implies the fee payment is Through Demand Draft in Favor of ICR Education Services, Bhopal, Payable at Bhopal, India, which is being sent to our office address along with complete documents (see registration procedure).
GATE EXAM ONLINE MOCK TESTS SYLLABUS
- It includes question bank includes 1500 aim type (multiple choice) questions with answers based on the Syllabus of GATE Exam for different streams.
- Test series is based on GATE Syllabus to give the best practise offline before appearing in GATE Exam.
- Online mock tests is also based on GATE Syllabus to give the best practise online before appearing in GATE Exam.
GENERAL APTITUDE QUESTIONS
All the papers will contain a few questions that test the General Aptitude (Language and Analytical Skills), apart from the core subject of the paper.
A candidate appearing in the XE paper has to answer the following
- Section A – Engineering Mathematics (compulsory)
- GA – General Aptitude (compulsory)
- Any two of XE sections B to G
The choice of two sections from B to G can be made during the examination after viewing the questions. Only two optional sections can be answered at a time. A candidate wishing to change midway of the examination to another optional section must first choose to deselect one of the previously chosen optional sections (B to G).
A candidate appearing in the XL paper has to answer the following
Section H – Chemistry (compulsory)
GA – General Aptitude (compulsory)
Any two of XL sections I to M
The choice of two sections from I to M can be made during the examination after viewing the questions. Only two optional sections can be answered by the candidate. A candidate wishing to change midway of the examination to another optional section must first choose to deselect one of the previously chosen optional sections (I to M).
DURATION AND EXAMINATION TYPE
The GATE examination comprises a single paper of 3-hour duration that contains 65 questions carrying a maximum of 100 marks. The question paper will comprise both multiple-choice questions (MCQ) and numerical answer type questions. Click here for the pattern of question papers.
The examination for all the papers will be carried out in an ONLINE Computer-Based Test (CBT) mode where the candidates will be shown the questions in a random sequence on a computer screen. The candidates are required to either select the answer (for MCQ type) or enter the answer for numerical answer type question using a mouse on a virtual keyboard (keyboard of the computer will be disabled). Candidates will be provided with blank paper sheets for rough work and these have to be returned after the examination. At the end of the 3-hour window, the computer will automatically close the screen from further actions.