Lenovo A6000 Plus WhatsApp Contacts Sync Problem Lollipop 5.0.2 Update
Here’s a quick article to fix Lenovo A6000 WhatsApp Sync Problem!
I know, I know! Lenovo A6000 Plus is a beast – The performance is way too good for its price. But it’s a fact that WhatsApp is showing a major issue in this smartphone, after the recent Lollipop 5.0.2 official update by Lenovo. If you’ve upgraded, you might have noticed that WhatsApp is unable to detect your contacts. You might have seen something like this while opening the contacts menu:
“Sorry, none of your friends are using WhatsApp. Invite them now.”
So what’s the way out?
I have presented the two methods of solving the Lenovo A6000 WhatsApp Sync Problem, and the second method is an extension of the first one.
Check out: PlayBox HD Not Working Fix
Fix Lenovo A6000 WhatsApp Sync Error
Call log after upgrading Lenovo A6000 Plus from Kitkat 4.4.4 to Lollipop 5.0.2 Version:
Solution #1. Get the contacts again!
Try this solution first before moving to the second one. First of all, take a backup of your contacts. This is done by below:
- Open Contacts from menu.
- Press the three vertical dots on the bottom right.
- Choose Import/Export
- Then choose export to SD card. Do not export to internal storage. (You will find out why in solution 2).
This is what to do next:
- Open Contacts.
- Long press any contact. It will be marked.
- Now choose “Select All”.
- Press the delete button. Yes, I mean it.
- Close Contacts Manager and WhatsApp completely.
- Go to Settings -> Applications Manager and force close both these apps.
- Hold on for a moment or two and re-open Contacts.
- Press those same three vertical dots on the bottom right.
- Choose Import/Export
- Choose Import from SD Card.
- Now Open WhatsApp and check
While importing the contacts, you can follow these steps alternatively in case your phone doesn’t find the backup file:
- Locate that file in the files manager. It is a file with .vcf extension and you should be able to find it easily.
- Tap on it. It will restore itself.
This solution should work in most cases. If not, move towards solution #2.
Do Factory Reset to Fix WhatsApp Contacts Sync issue in Lenovo A6000 Plus :
Solution #2. Factory Reset.
If the first solution doesn’t fix the Lenovo A6000 WhatsApp Sync Problem, follow the below procedure.
Since we’re going to factory reset your device, you should take a back-up of all the important stuff. The backup won’t delete any data from your External SD card, so that you can move all your important stuff there.
Here’s how to take a backup like a pro:
- Make sure your contacts backup is in the external SD card.
- Download APK Extractor from Google Play Store to take a backup of all your apps. (Make sure you move the APK files on the external SD card)
- If you want to preserve your WhatsApp conversations, copy the Databases folder from the WhatsApp directory. It can be used to restore your memories.
In case you’ve a rooted smartphone, apps like Titanium Backup can do this stuff for you.
Once you’re done with the backup, Navigate to Settings and perform a Factory Reset. It takes some time for the factory reset to take place, so you can relax a bit by that time. Then restore your contacts and WhatsApp to test whether the issue is solved or not.
If nothing works….
If WhatsApp is a priority for you and you’re geeky enough, you can downgrade your smartphone from Lollipop to KitKat. This will definitely fix the Lenovo A6000 WhatsApp Sync Problem, although you should consider this as the last resort.
I hope this article helped you fix the Lenovo A6000 WhatsApp Sync Problem. Basically this whatsapp sync problem while upgrading from Android KitKat 4.4.2 to Lollipop 5.0.2 Version, problem occurs because of the in-built Lenovo firmware issue. For any queries, feel free to comment below.