The computer and laptops are very sensitive electronic gadgets, and they need to be protected from not just external abrasions but also from what happens to their inner system. Here we are talking about viruses which show adverse effects on your laptop or PC.
They are stubborn and harmful, and if not removed on time it may corrupt your device resulting in the loss of critical data and information. Learn how to remove shortcut virus from this article.
In this context, shortcut virus in our laptop and PC is one of the commonest things and also the most dangerous of all. Shortcut viruses are the type of virus which attacks your laptop or PC even when you have antivirus installed. Let us have a look at the method that tells you how to remove shortcut virus from laptop/PC.
Check out: Vidmate App Download Install
Shortcut viruses are the type of virus which attacks your laptop or PC even when you have antivirus installed. Let us have a look at the method that tells you how to remove shortcut virus from laptop/PC.
What is ShortCut Virus?
There are usually two types of shortcut viruses i.e. flash drive virus and file and folders shortcut virus. The file and folders virus collect all the information from your respective folders and creates a shortcut for it. This is a combination of both Trojan and Worm.
Unfortunately, if you want to access those files, you will have to open it, and then the virus starts dividing itself in your system. It may cause significant harm leading to leakage of your credit card details also.
On the other hand, the flash drive virus is completely Trojan, and it converts all the folders and files in your device into a shortcut.exe. Again, you cannot access them until you open the shortcut folder and that will activate the virus. It will install malicious wares on your device and will monitor the routine and activities of your computer.
You can keep your computer safe from these viruses by following the guidelines given below. These points will not help you in eradicating the virus, but you can protect your system as there is no indication of the presence of this virus in your system.
- Do not open the flash drive via autorun or through my computer. Instead, you can right-click the file and go for the option that says explore.
- Always keep your antivirus software updated and active so that it can detect the discrepancies happening within the system of your computer or laptop.
- Keep checking the recent activities of your computer.
- Always scan the flash drives before jumping into the files directly.
How to remove shortcut virus from your PC / Laptop?
- First of all, you must install the “ShortCut Virus Remover Software” and scan your flash drive immediately. Now you must copy the shortcut files to a flash drive or external drive and then you must open it with notepad. Look for “H” and replace it with another drive name. Now open the VBS file with Windows Based Script Host and the virus will be gone.
- You can also remove the virus using command prompt box. You must enter the name of your drive and then scan it appropriately. This will delete the virus from your system.
- You can delete the virus from the registry also. Press Win+R key and type ‘regedit.’ Now go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER / Software / Microsoft / Windows / CurrentVersion / Run. Usually, you will find only default folder there, and anything apart from that is safe to delete. It may vary from one case to another because you must know what software is installed and only then press the delete button.
- You can also install shortcut virus remover software/tool in your system. You can download software such as RKill, RogueKiller, Malwarebytes, SmadAV, etc. There are many such tools available in the market for cleaning your system.
Therefore, now you must not have any doubts or queries regarding the shortcut virus in your laptop or PC.